Tatum Perez, Training By Tatum
Two of my sisters-in-law train with Tatum and always talk about how much they love working with her. After taking these photos, I could see why. She’s easy going and positive, helping people reach their goals without being that drill sergeant stereotype often portrayed on TV. If you or someone you know is looking for a trainer, here is her website: http://www.trainingxtatum.com
The following set of six questions will be answered by each of the subjects.
1) Some people call it a “true calling” or their “life’s work.” In the book The Alchemist, author Paulo Coelho calls it your Personal Legend. What do you consider to be your true calling, or Personal Legend?
2) When did you first realize that this was your calling?
3) People often become completely engrossed, losing track of time or outside concerns while performing tasks related to their calling. This might be referred to as being “in the zone” or “flow.” When do you experience this most often?
My mind is always on work. I am typically thinking about my clients and their workouts. I have to be careful to not let it interfere with my family life. I find myself mostly in the zone when I am writing new workouts, magazine articles and running or lifting weights. My mind is always racing with ways to keep the workouts fresh, different and fun! I am always thinking of ways to encourage my clients to seek out healthy lifestyle changes. This is more than just working out but also fueling our bodies with whole foods, plenty of sleep and fresh air. It’s living in the moment and being in tune to our bodies.
4) What is the greatest challenge or obstacle you’ve faced in pursuit of your life’s work?
5) What has pursuing your Personal Legend taught you?
To take risks, learn from your failures and that as long as you are consistently passionate and enthusiastic you can make anything happen.
6) What piece of advice can you offer to others seeking their true calling?
You will have to take chances and risks and that’s okay. You will never know unless you try.
Are you following your Personal Legend? Tell us about it in the comments below.
Subscribe to the blog, or add us to your RSS feed to follow along as we post a new set of images each day for the next 30 days. For background on this project, check out our first post in the series.